Sunday, May 10, 2015

Selkirk Metalbestos 8T-CT 8-Inch Stainless Steel Round Top Review

Selkirk Metalbestos 8T-CT 8-Inch Stainless Steel Round Top


Selkirk is the most trusted name in insulted venting products. Used by professionals and homeowners alike for over 60 years. Selkirk continues to produce and develop innovative and safe products.

I have installed both a 6-inch and an 8-inch and I don’t think I’ve ever used a better cap. It goes on easy… but you should flare the straps out a bit from your pipe or it will transfer too much heat and cause bluing on your stainless pipe. Someone stated they got water down their pipe and would need a larger cap but they really don’t come much larger than this. I have not had any water issues… even in windy weather so I really can’t see how someone could experience a it with this cap… but that’s just my opinion based on what I have installed on my own stoves. This replaces one of those lesser priced round tops in the 20-30 buck range because I tried to go cheap and found out quickly why they’re priced so low. this cap will vent the wind up rather than down your pipe so, if like me, you keep your stove door open while sitting & watching the flames you won’t get a blast of smoke back in your room. By preventing most back-drafts it also helps keep the interior walls of your pipe hot and that helps promote a good draft. The cap is also built so that birds are pretty much prevented from getting in when it’s cool and it’s easy to pop off to clean your pipe. I have the build quality to be good and have not had an loose rivets as some others have mentioned. All-in-all I have no complaints about it and have to go with 5-stars… though it’s expensive shopping around is well worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment